Liberal Member of the Legislative Council
Prior to entering Parliament, Terry Stephens was a Company Director for 20 years. Terry is married to Donna and they have two children, Courtney and Riley. Born in Whyalla, Terry stood twice as the Liberal candidate for the State seat of Giles before being elected to the Legislative Council in 2002.
Terry is also a keen supporter of the Adelaide Football Club and Life Member of both the South Whyalla Football Club and Whyalla Football League.
Terry’s Parliamentary Committee work includes:
- Chair person of the Aboriginal Lands Parliamentary Standing Committee
- Environment, Resources and Development Parliamentary Standing Committee
- Statutory Authorities Review Parliamentary Standing Committee
- Statutory Officers Parliamentary Standing Committee
- Select Committee on Poverty In South Australia
- Select Committee on Health Services in South Australia
- Select Committee on Redevelopment of Adelaide Oval
- Select Committee on the Effectiveness of the Current System of Parliament Committees
- Select Committee on COVID-19 Response
Terry is proud to be a member of the Parliament of South Australia and hopes this website provides some useful information about his role and interests.